When do I pay my nanny taxes?

Federal nanny taxes (Social Security, Medicare, income taxes, and federal unemployment) are generally paid with your federal income tax return via Schedule H.

State nanny taxes (unemployment and income taxes) are generally paid quarterly, although some states have monthly or annual filing requirements.

In addition to paying taxes, you must give your employee a W-2 by January 31 and file the W-2 and W-3 forms with the Social Security Administration by January 31.

See What are the nanny tax deadlines? for more information.

Back to top